Gordo's Vancouver Adventure - the Blog!

Gordo's Vancouver Adventure - the Blog!
Gordo and his metal steed, Cheeto!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Home again, Home again, jiggity jig!

Success! I made it home! But please keep tuning in over the next few days because I think you'll enjoy some of the updates I have planned.

I got home around 7:30pm and just as you'd expect, my teenage daughter thought going to see Lady Gaga would be more interesting than seeing her dad return after 6,607 miles (that was the official tally, but the way).

But let's start with the photos and the day...

This is what the day was looking like as I prepared to leave De Forest, Wisconsin. The Comfort Inn is awesome by the way! I had a great room with a full sofa and everything. This place even had a TV in the bathroom!

This was the sky I would be chasing. It would break up into sunshine soon enough. HOT sunshine!

This is Dave at the Exxon station across the street from the hotel. He was quite kind to me, and was interested in the trip. But hey, it was still pretty early, so maybe he wasn't listening as much as he was still waking up!

Traffic was kind of heavy at the Illinois border so I couldn't do my normal 'pull over and snap a picture' thing. So I stopped at the first rest area, which doubles as a visitors center.

You may have to zoom in on this to see it, but whoever did the marketing for this campaign for the Illinois rest stops was brilliant!

Here's Cheeto posing at a different rest area. Just a few more shots of her before this trip would be through.

A little closer this time. Mind the grime, would you? Poor baby.

Well, here it is, the shot I've been waiting for. I pulled up in the driveway at 7:30pm and Jannette came running out to snap my picture.

Then I rolled into Cheeto's 'stable' to put her up for the night. Tomorrow is a full cleaning day.

And of course, the most important picture of all....the welcome home kiss!

Much more to come folks, so keep coming back!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am so glad you made it home safe. It was pretty cool to catch up with you after 24 years. I was glad to see that the things that made us friends that long ago still rang true. I'm not just talking about the beer either. Keep in touch brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooooooooooo! Glad you had an awesome & safe trip. Waiting to hear when the press conference will be. I'm a little disappointed you didn't have Montana on the back of the bike for me. Can't wait to see what else will come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about your good night's sleep. I felt like I slept forever.
    Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Congrats on the successful adventure! But where is the fat pig? Did those evil North Dakotians steal it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fat pig? Am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myles - indeed was good to reconnect with you. 24 years is too long to wait. Let's do this a little more often (not the whole trip to Alaska part and back in 13 days.)
    I think you are an honorable man, doing great things in your community for your community. You should be proud of your success with your business and with your family..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive