Gordo's Vancouver Adventure - the Blog!

Gordo's Vancouver Adventure - the Blog!
Gordo and his metal steed, Cheeto!

Monday, July 19, 2010

This is why I did this...

If you'll click this link, you'll see one of the MANY reasons that I chose to combine a 'vacation' with a charity effort. This is a letter to the editor (At the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette) concerning a column Frank Gray did about "Gordo's Vancouver Adventure"

I can't make this stuff up, nor would I want to.

I cannot even begin to count the number of times I've had people express these same emotions to me in person.

But please don't thank me. I don't feel like I'm doing anything all that special. I'm just doing what I think is right, and it starts with the man in the mirror. The thanks belongs to folks like Aubrey who live every day to battle these diseases, and do so with honor.

Somebody needs to do something, and it may as well start with me. Let's just hope it doesn't end with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive